Thursday, May 19, 2011

Joan asked that we prewash our fabrics and I've done that in small loads with warm water and Synthrapol. It was difficult to let the water cover the silk and silk blend fabrics, but I followed the directions that Joan gave us and line (or rack) dried them, and they turned out fine, if a little crisp. I folded the last load this morning just before the UPS man delivered a carton.

Woo-hoo! It was from the lovely Angela-at-Arrowmont, and I just couldn't wait to open it.

The carton contained three pieces of fabric:  a yard each of worsted wool challis, dupioni silk and a blend of hemp and silk. I don't know which is the most beautiful!

This is the wool challis, fine and soft and it doesn't feel like any other wool that I've touched before. I believe I will soak this piece separately from the other two fabrics without agitation so that it doesn't full or felt. I just realized that most people - even fabric people - won't find the photograph of the wool very interesting. Only a fabric geek would post a picture of white wool.





No comments:

Post a Comment